It’s time to embrace 3-dimensional Mandriva Linux. Tyr delivers a ONE CD with 3D Desktops enabled:
- AIGLX and XGL support
- Both FREE and proprietary drivers handled, for INTEL, Nvidia and ATI chipsets
- Compiz window manager for some neat effects
- Ready for KDE and GNOME desktops (”KDE 3.5.4 and GNOME 2.16 RC1″-inside)
- Featuring the new Drak3D tool for easy management
ONE is a live-and-install CD. Just slide into your drive, boot on the CD, and enjoy the ride.
More news from the neat-user-experience-department: the new version of RPMDRAKE, our application management tool, is included. We revamped the User Interface and we want your feedback.
More and more:
- DrakVPN, a tool for managing Virtual Private Networks, is also available.
- Invictus Firewall : Mandriva Linux is certainly the first Linux distro to include a redundant firewall solution. Stay tuned during the next few days for more information on Invictus.
- More applications went into the XDG menus.
- WARNING: some ONE Cd’s (10 versions are available for BETA 3) include proprietary drivers. If you want a purely free Tyr, check out the info.
Ok, that’s enough teasing. Find more information in our development wiki — paying particular attention to the known issues — then download Mandriva Linux Beta 3 Tyr and help us correct eventual bugs by filling reports in Bugzilla.